Shobana Jeyasingh Dance is committed to protecting your privacy. This statement explains how we collect, use and store your personal information.
We hold and process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations 2016 and are registered with the Information Commissioner.
By using our website or by providing any personal information to Shobana Jeyasingh Dance, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set out in this Privacy statement.
If you do not wish to receive future communications from Shobana Jeyasingh Dance, please click the unsubscribe link which appears at the bottom of every email we send out via Mailchimp, or contact us using the details at the bottom of this page. If you want us to delete the information we hold about you, please contact us directly.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you, including your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and as information about your relationship with Shobana Jeyasingh Dance. Our partners (please see below) may collect and securely store credit/debit card details. For equality and diversity monitoring when recruiting and delivering learning projects, we collect anonymous data about gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and access requirements.
We collect information about you in the following ways:
When you give it to us directly – you may give us your information when you make a donation, sign up to our newsletter, register to attend an event, apply for a job or otherwise give us personal information online, in paper or electronic form, over the phone or face to face.
We keep a record of the emails we send to you, track whether you open them and we may track your subsequent actions online.
Debit/credit card details – If you chose to provide them, any financial details taken, including credit or debit card information will be collected along with a transaction history, processed and held securely by our payment processing providers (CAF, HMRC for Giftaid) on our behalf.
We may receive information from external sources:
- Third party organisations; for example independent fundraising sites or tour venues (but only when you have given consent).
- Social media, when we reply to comments and messages. We also create adverts tailored to suit your interests as a result of cookies (see below).
- Depending on your privacy settings, we may receive anonymous demographic or analytical information to understand the reach and effectiveness of our advertising.
How we keep your details secure:
- We use SalesForce to store information about you for both marketing and fundraising purposes that has controlled access to company personnel. We always aim to keep your data secure.
- We use Mailchimp to store email data and process email communications to our database.
- Data stored on our servers is password-protected and deleted when no longer required, in line with our Data Protection Policy.
Why and how we use your information:
When you donate to us, or sign up to our mailing list to hear about a production, fundraising event or learning project, or apply for a job with us, we keep your name and details to contact you in the future. We will only contact you if we have your permission to do so.
We only send emails to addresses that have been supplied directly to us by customers and we always disable or remove addresses in our database when requested to do so by those customers. We will never pass your data on to any third parties without your explicit consent.
If you have signed up to GiftAid, we or our payment processing partners will record all the information about you required to claim GiftAid on your donation from HMRC.
If we have contacted you in the past and you have explicitly told us that you don’t want to receive marketing, learning or fundraising communications from us, we will keep your name and address on a list of people we don’t contact. If you would prefer for your information to be deleted from that list, please let us know using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
Giving you control:
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us – our contact details are below. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
– You have the right to request that we cease processing you personal data.
– You have the right to request us not to send you marketing, learning or fundraising communications.
– You have the right to correct any personal data that we hold that is incorrect.
– You have the right to request us to erase your personal data.
– You have the right to request us to restrict our data processing activities.
– You have the right to object to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Website & Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7697 4444.
Or you can write to:
Shobana Jeyasingh Dance