Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Winter Intensive
9 – 13 December
Are you a professional dance artist, recent graduate or 3rd year dance student looking to enrich your practice and training?
Led by Shobana Jeyasingh and Associate Artist Avatâra Ayuso, the SJD Winter Intensive will enable you to immerse yourself in Shobana’s creative process, learn existing company repertory and develop methods of devising movement.
The programme aims to activate thought through dance, encouraging curiosity, diversity and creativity. Join us in this week-long residency to create and experience work that questions the world around you.
The Winter Intensive week will be split into two strands:
- morning sessions (10am-1.30pm) have been devised for experienced professional dancers
- afternoon sessions (2.30-6pm) for students and recent graduates from both conservatoire and university dance courses
The intensive is open to professional dancers, recent graduates and 3rd year students above the age of 18, with a contemporary and/or ballet background. Participants will be selected through an application process, see below for more information on how to apply (video link and CV are required).
How to apply
Professional Dancer Strand
Please apply for the professional dancer strand if:
- You are aged 18+
- You have a degree (or equivalent) from a ballet/contemporary dance conservatoire or other vocational training centre
- You have several years’ professional experience with a contemporary dance company and/or presenting your own work as a professional dance artist
To apply, please fill in the Google Form HERE, ensuring that you upload your CV and link to your showreel. The deadline for applications is 6pm on Tuesday 5 November 2019. Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the Company.
Dance Student and Recent Graduate Strand
Please apply for the student and recent graduate strand if:
- You are aged 18+
- You are a 3rd year student at a ballet/contemporary dance conservatoire or other vocational training centre
- You are a 3rd year dance student at university
- You are a recent dance graduate (from a ballet/contemporary dance conservatoire or university)
To apply, please fill in the Google Form HERE, ensuring that you upload your CV and link to your showreel. The deadline for applications is 6pm on Tuesday 5 November. Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the Company.
Participants will be notified of the selection by email on Friday 15 November 2019. Places are limited.
The fee for the 2019 Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Winter Intensive is £75.
We will be offering 2 x bursaries for the Dance Student and Recent Graduate strand. Please contact Verity, SJD’s Learning Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply for a bursary.
Monday 7 October | Online application opens
Tuesday 5 November | Application deadline
Friday 15 November | Successful applicants notified
Friday 29 November | Payment should be received to confirm participation
Monday 9 to Friday 13 December | Winter Intensive Week