A Quarter Century of Innovation
“Shobana Jeyasingh has gained a reputation as one of the most intrepid pioneers in modern dance… she is generally credited with having invented a startling new hybrid vocabulary.”
In 2013, Shobana Jeyasingh Dance celebrates 25 years of creative working, marking a quarter century of innovation. To celebrate this landmark in the company’s history, we have developed an exciting three-year programme of new work.
Alongside this programme, we are launching a 25th Anniversary Campaign to raise funds to support the commissioning and performance of new work, including the works in our three-year anniversary programme, as well as a range of community and education projects.
Your support would enable Shobana to:
- continue to produce work that explores themes of social difference and cohesion;
- forge exciting collaborations with composers, musicians, visual artists and designers;
- work with both her highly experienced dancers as well as new young dancers, to perform to the widest range of audiences in theatres and at other unusual venues and sites;
- engage people young and old in education, learning and participation projects.
There are many opportunities to support our work, including through the major gift programme and our Apsara Circle. You can get involved at a level that suits you, and of course the more philanthropic support we receive, the more we can achieve. In line with our three-year Anniversary campaign, we hope our supporters will consider committing to giving each year of the three campaign years.
As a supporter you will become part of the Shobana Jeyasingh Dance family and will be kept informed and involved. Shobana will personally:
- keep you closely involved with the anniversary plans
- involve you in special events and launches of new works
- ensure that you see any new work at the earliest opportunity, for example, in rehearsal
- provide opportunities to meet the dancers and other artists
If you would like to become a supporter or discuss how your support could make a difference, please contact Sanjivan Kohli:
+44 (0)20 7697 4444
We would like to offer our sincere thanks to the following
for their generous support of our work.
Arts Council England, London
Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
Garfield Weston Foundation
TVS Motor Company
Paul Hamlyn Foundation
PRS for Music Foundation
The Leche Trust
The Ulrich Family
The Deborah Loeb Brice Foundation
The Apsaras' Circle